1. Allow a file name as its argument; allowing it to create a new file or bring the contents of an existing file to the editor. Allow the saving of the file.
2. Incorporate syntax colouring for HTML, XML, and C# files. Would be a huge bonus if it could validate the file for the file type indicated by the file extension.
At present, APL+Win contrives a variable name when a files is specified:
- Code: Select all
)edit "e:\wip.sql" ⍝ Press Ctrl+e in the Editor
)edit e:\wip.sql ⍝ Press Ctrl+e in the Editor
⍝ Different variables are created depending on whether the argument is wrapped in quotes
1.Check if a file is specified
2. if file does not exist create it
3. Read the content into the editor
4. Ctrl+e writes the editor content to the file.