- 1. Speed up search and replacements in the APL+Win Editor (when replacing All occurrences of some string)
This is very slow when there are many occurrences to replace, and moreover it sometimes crashes APL (when there are really very many occurrences to replace and the function has many lines).
It does not seem necessary to me to scroll the display or show the replacements being done while the replacement process is running to replace all occurrences. This is of no use and certainly dramatically slows down the whole process.
Maybe just display the new text with all the replacements done once they are all done.
2. Avoid the SI DAMAGE error when fixing a function after having changed it in the editor while it is interrupted in a :for loop
3. Add a HideRows method to the Grid object (which would accept an argument being the row numbers of rows to be hidden)
4. Add a HideCols method to the Grid object (which would accept an argument being the column numbers of columns to be hidden)
(Note, this would not be the same as setting the row heights or column widths to 0 for the rows or columns to be hidden.
When you set the column widths to 0, it does hide the corresponding columns, but when you navigate inside the grid using the cursor keys you see that the columns are there.)
5. Fix the scrolling problem in the Editor
(after some operations in the Editor, maybe deleting lines, using PgUp and PgDn multiple times, it happens that pressing the Up or Down key jumps to a completely different row than the one it should to)
6. Allow pasting APL characters to the Find and the Replace dialog
(at least if the Enable Unicode Clipboard menu option is checked: currently it is possible to type APL characters in those dialogs but not to paste APL characters; it is possible to paste APL characters in UEdit so it should be possible to paste APL characters in the Find and the Replace dialogs)
7. Allow Unicode characters to be used in Frame captions (maybe a UFrame control?)
8. Allow to use Unicode characters in the APL Grid (and in other controls as well)?
9. Implement the Compose (∘) operator (i.e. speeding up sequences of ¨ operations like +/∘5↑∘⍴∘⊂¨ being same as +/¨5↑¨⍴¨⊂¨ but faster)
10. Implement /¨ \¨ ⌿¨ ⍀¨