CSE ERROR: VERSION CHECK II

General discussions related to using the C# Script Engine in APL+Win.

Moderators: Tech Support, phpbb_admin

CSE ERROR: VERSION CHECK II

Postby Ajay Askoolum » July 4th, 2019, 4:45 pm

I just installed Windows 10 Update 1903 and I am getting the error reported in viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1260

Code: Select all
CSE ERROR: VERSION CHECK: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-   at APLNext.TestForAPLWin.APLTester.CheckForAPLWinFileVer(Int32 majorPart
      , Int32 minorPart, Int32 buildPart, Int32 privatePart)

at APLNext.CSScriptEngine.ScriptHost2.InitializeScriptEngine(String[] references)
GetSchema[3] Œcself„'c' Œcse 'Init' 'System' 'System.Data'
I re-installed CSE - see attachment for details-- rebooted the PC and I get the same error as above.

As part of the update, the following was installed https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... ne-27-2019
Attachments
cse error.pdf
(297.09 KiB) Downloaded 300 times
Ajay Askoolum

Re: CSE ERROR: VERSION CHECK II

Postby brent hildebrand » July 4th, 2019, 9:26 pm

Code: Select all
CSE ERROR: VERSION CHECK: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-   at APLNext.TestForAPLWin.APLTester.CheckF
      orAPLWinFileVer(Int32 majorPart, Int32 minorPart, Int32 buildPart, Int32 privatePart)

at APLNext.CSScriptEngine.ScriptHost2.InitializeScriptEngine(String[] references)
      'c' ⎕cse 'Init' 'System'
          ^

I also receive the above response to started a []cse session in v1903 of Windows 10. I've reinstalled the CSE components.
brent hildebrand

Postby Tech Support » July 8th, 2019, 12:24 pm

We also learned of this problem ourselves after applying the same Windows v1903 Update last week.
We will investigate it and post again when there is further information to report on it. In the interim,
we recommend you postpone applying the Windows v1903 Update if you wish to continue using the CSE.
Tech Support

Postby Tech Support » July 31st, 2019, 11:57 am

We are happy to report that a fix for this issue is now available. Please refer to C# Script Engine (CSE) v3.0.25.0 Update for APL+Win v17+ for the details.
Tech Support

Return to APL+Win & The C# Script Engine