Primitive operators

This topic is specifically for discussions on the new APL64 Project currently in development. This topic is open for all to browse. However, to post, one must have a registered account on the APLDN forum only available to APL+Win licensee under a current APL+Win Subscription.

Moderators: Tech Support, phpbb_admin

Primitive operators

Postby Davin Church » September 26th, 2018, 1:45 am

APL+Win has few primitive operators, and I'd like to see more created. Compose is pretty important if we can't elsewise have in-line functional expressions. Dyalog's Commute and Power operators should be relatively easy to implement. I can envision that some of their more advanced operators (such as Key or Stencil) could be quite beneficial in APL64 as well.

I would also like to see an explicit operator for running a function in a background thread, but that may be difficult to implement as there are issues that need to be handled when running multiple workspace tasks simultaneously. For instance, the state indicator would need to be significantly revamped to handle simultaneous threads of execution.
Davin Church

Re: Primitive operators

Postby Tech Support » October 15th, 2018, 6:03 pm

Thank you for your suggestion. It is answered in a Q&A document available here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1212 under the question "Will the APL64 Project Extend the Range of APL+Win Primitive Operators?". This is a dynamic document that will be updated with new information so check it periodically.

We appreciate your input and hope you will continue to support the APL64 Project.
Tech Support

Return to APL64 Project