In .Net data can be serialized in several formats, including 'binary' and 'XML'. Microsoft Visual Studio includes an XML Editor which can be used to edit VisualAPL variables because VisualAPL includes an XML Serializer.
Check the downloads attached to this thread to see details of how a programmer can easily edit and update VisualAPL variables in XML Serialilzed format. The VisualAPL XML Serializer can be used in the Cielo Explorer session and in a VisualAPL class library under function control.
Legacy APL implementations provided proprietary serialization options, e.g. "quad-wrapl in APL+Win, which are not compatible with mainstream methods of serialization.
- This is an updated version of the VS2008 solution which illustrates using the VisualAPL XML Serializer under program control. The new version incorporates exception handling into the XMLSerialize and XMLDeserialize VisualAPL methods and simplifies the re
- (3.51 MiB) Downloaded 243 times
- This .zip file contains a Visual Studio solution which illustrates how to use the VisualAPL XML Serializer under program control.
- (2.33 MiB) Downloaded 292 times
- What's Behind the )xmlout Command.pdf
- Download this .pdf-format document to understand the 'behind-the-scenes' operation of the )xmlout Cielo Explorer command.
- (584.61 KiB) Downloaded 332 times
- VisualAPL XML Serialization in the Cielo Explorer Session.pdf
- Download this .pdf-format document to learn about the VisualAPL XML Serializer in the Cielo Explorer session
- (604.31 KiB) Downloaded 305 times
Last edited by joe_blaze
on December 3rd, 2010, 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.