Implicit Cast of Cvar String Array to .Net string[,] Array

General discussions related to APLNext's VisualAPL.

Moderators: Tech Support, phpbb_admin

Implicit Cast of Cvar String Array to .Net string[,] Array

Postby joe_blaze » February 3rd, 2011, 5:13 pm

In the up-coming VisualAPL Installer v1.5.8123 release, an implicit cast of a VisualAPL cvar string array to a .Net string[,] array has been implemented. Testing of this new VisualAPL Installer is being performed now and its release will be announced on this forum when it becomes available to customer.

The attached .pdf and .zip file illustrate this feature. Installation of the v1.5.8123 release of VisualAPL is requires for the proper operation of this example.
Attachments
Implicit Cast of a VisualAPL Array of String Vectors to a Net String[] Array.pdf
(444.11 KiB) Downloaded 715 times
VAPL_StringArray.zip
(1.19 MiB) Downloaded 743 times
joe_blaze

Postby Chris McIntosh » February 3rd, 2011, 6:26 pm

Hi, Joe,

Thanks for looking into this and for implementing it so quickly. I'll look forward to the release of this update.

For me personally, I think this will make a big difference in the ability to call VisualAPL modules from other languages. In the environment where I work, this is important. Hopefully, the more modules that can be written in VisualAPL, the more other developers here will see it's advantages, and the more motivated they might be to start to learn and use it.

Even if this doesn't happen where I work, it will make my own life a lot easier, and will make me much more productive in the Visual Studio / .Net environment. I am using it on a current project, and am already finding VisualAPL to be a huge benefit.

Chris
Chris McIntosh

Postby Chris McIntosh » February 7th, 2011, 3:10 pm

Hi, Joe,

I've downloaded the latest version and tried it out. So far, I've found it does everything I need.

Thank you.

Chris
Chris McIntosh

Return to VisualAPL