⎕NA extension

This topic is specifically for discussions on the new APL64 Project currently in development. This topic is open for all to browse. However, to post, one must have a registered account on the APLDN forum only available to APL+Win licensee under a current APL+Win Subscription.

Moderators: Tech Support, phpbb_admin

⎕NA extension

Postby Davin Church » November 4th, 2018, 11:57 pm

I have a question...

When enhancing ⎕NA to allow .NET assembly access, why did you choose a generic term like "EXT" to define the interface type (in place of the old DLL terminology)? Wouldn't something like ASM or NET be a better (more specific and meaningful) notation? What if you come up with some other external interface type in the future and you can't use EXT to define that one at the same time?
Davin Church

Re: ⎕NA extension

Postby Ajay Askoolum » November 5th, 2018, 5:44 pm

... just a small aside

Brent Hildebrand reminded me to re-read page 38 of the APL64 project document ... http://forum.apl2000.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1235

This is a really exciting feature.
Ajay Askoolum

Re: ⎕NA extension

Postby Davin Church » November 5th, 2018, 7:18 pm

Yes, the terminology in this feature is exactly what I was asking about (and what I mentioned to you early in the other thread). I think the keyword they used might be better in the long-term if they replaced it with a different keyword.
Davin Church

Return to APL64 Project