⎕MOM support?

This topic is specifically for discussions on the new APL64 Project currently in development. This topic is open for all to browse. However, to post, one must have a registered account on the APLDN forum only available to APL+Win licensee under a current APL+Win Subscription.

Moderators: Tech Support, phpbb_admin

⎕MOM support?

Postby Davin Church » September 26th, 2018, 1:11 am

I only use ⎕MOM in a few places, but when I need it its functionality is important and those few places are used quite frequently. Will ⎕MOM be available in the same way it is in APL+Win? If it will be ported, I would suggest also enhancing it a little to be more complete. ⎕MOM suffers from having only a very few ⎕-fns available for it and having no support for important things like )EDIT. What additional features might there be available for it?
Davin Church

Re: ⎕MOM support?

Postby Davin Church » September 26th, 2018, 1:15 am

If ⎕MOM won't be available, then we really need some sort of "workspace namespace" support to replace it. Will there be a way to partition off a workspace-structured entity, including the features needed to make it useful? (This is not quite the same thing as namespaces for classes and such as is commonly found in other languages these days.)
Davin Church

Re: ⎕MOM support?

Postby Davin Church » October 15th, 2018, 7:50 pm

You haven't yet mentioned whether or not you're expecting to have ⎕MOM support in the current version of your Q&A document. Having this feature available (even in the limited form currently in APL+Win) would mean that my ARM code repository could run on it using the existing interface code. Have you any plans for APL64 support of ⎕MOM?
Davin Church

Return to APL64 Project